Check out the VenuesNow Conference 2023 sustainability panel article by VenuesNow magazine.
SUSTAINABILITY: HOW TO ACT LOCALLY WITH GLOBAL IMPACT& IDEAS
VenuesNow Conference is committed to minimizing its environmental footprint and elevating its social impact, wherever possible. We invite you to join us on this journey.
- Learn more about the actions we are taking this year
- Find your own favorite ways to have the most sustainable experience
- Share your feedback and ideas for more sustainable future events
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
- We are committed to avoiding single-use plastic. Take note of our reusable or compostable serve ware.
- We support local businesses by bringing in local food trucks with healthy, sustainable options.
- Avoid using plasticware or other materials.
- While offsets are not the perfect solution to single-handedly combatting climate change, we believe that it’s important to do what we can to minimize our impact on the environment while gathering in-person. We are committed to disclosing and offsetting all OVG corporate travel to and from the event.
CREATE YOUR OWN SUSTAINABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Offset your plane travel directly when you purchase the flight online or by contacting our Head of Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take public transportation around town:
- Try out the Amtrak, there is an Amtrak Station in Palm Springs located at North Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Springs Station Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262
- Check out the Sunline Transit Agency to see if a bus can easily take you to/from your destination.
- Get clever with transportation around town:
SUSTAINABILITY IN GREATER PALM SPRINGS:
- Ask your hotel to learn more about their commitment to sustainability. Most hotels have a sustainability strategy and encourages guests to limit resource use by turning off lights, adjusting the thermostat before you leave for the day, avoiding unnecessary housekeeping by reusing towels and bedding, and promoting healthy, sustainable food options.
- Check out Palm Springs' Stewardship & Sustainability plan.
WHAT TO PACK:
- Reusable mug for hot beverages: Refill your coffee or tea as many times as you want without wasting disposable cups.
- Reusable water bottle: Visit the water refill stations around the conference to stay hydrated to avoid consuming single-use water containers.
- Tablet or computer instead of a note pad: Save your notes in cloud-based storage
SHARE FEEDBACK & IDEAS:
- Have an idea for how to make the conference more sustainable in the future?
Please submit your ideas to email@example.com.